Select items to help you in the Summer season!
Come see us for your
garden design needs.
Welcome to Utah's first family nursery.
A huge selection of beautiful healthy plants, soil, mulches, rocks, pond supplies and garden accessories sits on 10 scenic acres in West Jordan, Utah. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff members are ready to help you with all of your gardening needs. Whether you are looking to fill a container with colorful annuals or landscape an entire yard, Glover Nursery has the materials and the expertise to get the job done. Our Nursery has one of the largest selections of plants in Utah. From our large shade trees to an impressive perennials department, we are proud of our plants and our people.
October Gardening Tips
• After leaf drop apply copper fungicides to fruit trees.
• Clean up the orchard and small fruiting plants. A clean orchard is essential for disease and pest control.
• This is a great time to choose trees with great fall color.
• Fall is an excellent time to plant trees since the weather is cooler, trees become less stressed and they start to establish good roots.
• A 2"– 4" layer of mulch on top of newly planted trees will help protect them from the freezing and thawing that occurs during the winter. Do not put the mulch directly against the trunk of the tree as it can harbor insects and can rot the bark.
• Young trees should be wrapped with white tree wrap for the winter to help prevent sunscald.
• Fall is a good time to prune some trees although most pruning should wait until Spring.
For additional information the Utah State Extension Service web site is very helpful.